June Health Awareness
June is National Men's Health Month. Men are encouraged to use the month of June to promote healthy living. They are encouraged to lead by example and to receive regular medical exams that can help with early detection and treatment of diseases. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men.
Prostate Cancer Symptoms are:
- Difficulty in starting urination.
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine.
- Frequent night urination.
- Difficulty emptying the bladder completely.
- Pain in back, hips or pelvis that won't go away.
- Blood in the urine.
It is extremely important if you have any of these symptoms to contact your health care provider immediately. Your symptoms maybe the results of something other than cancer, but your doctor needs to evaluate you. Your Henry Ford Pharmacist is always available to answer any of your medication questions and can fill any prescriptions your doctor might write for after your evaluation.