December Health Awareness
Use December to organize your medicine cabinet. Here are some helpful tips to start getting organized:
- Store medication out of children’s reach.
- Store medications in a cool and dry location, such as a cabinet or a drawer.
- Make sure to lock up all medications that are considered abusive.
- Make sure to keep track of your current medications. Store medications that you are currently not on in a different area to avoid any mistakes.
- Store medications for family members on a different shelf or different location to avoid any mistakes.
- Make sure to check all expirations on medication and throw away any medication that has expired.
- Keep an updated medication list with you at all times and inform a family member or friend where you store that list in case of an emergency.
Keeping your medication organized can prevent harmful errors. Your Pharmacist is available to answer any storage or disposal questions you may have.